The 13th of December 2007, a Thursday, but not too historic or monumental in any sense. It's just like the other days when I still yawn even though I have already been awake for hours. And to make things worse, I'm playing the sleepy music at midday. Not a very brilliant idea I can assure you of that but would it make any difference even if I had not? I wish it did. But as they say, wishes are only as good as they are. Don't ask me, I have not, a clue about its meaning. But I do have one consolation though, or at least I think it is, I will be starting work tomorrow. I can't say that it is the most exciting job I would have ever taken on, but in it lies what I so desperately need to learn, which is the art of persuasion because it is no secret that I am a horrible persuader but I do love deal-making though. But then again, when you're persuading for almost 10 hours a day, you do start to feel the pinch. Worse, your legs would start giving up on you and you would spend the remainder of the night wishing you had not decided to go on that little adventure. But that's life, when you give your word to someone, you should stick by it. And in a world where too many people often pay lip service, that is what I believe distincts a between a person with distinction and one who just survives on a boderline pass. Care to debate?
One more thing, I just found out that looking for a pair of white slacks is as easy as looking for a fist sized pearl. No one sells it at a bargain or even at a price of the crown jewels. I had to eventually turn to my form 6 neighbour who is slighltly bigger than me for a favor.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment