Thursday, December 6, 2007

Gloom

Tears fall down from the darkened sky as I slowly open my eyes to comprehend all this darkness that surrounds my welcome into the day. I hear the patter of rain striking the exposed roof as I slowly bring myself up to begin my day. The cold of the wind biting through my bones, imploring me to get me back to bed, back to sleep. But as hard as it tried, I would have none of that. There were more important things to accomplish. I had some history to learn. I had some lessons to write and I had some light to see. But here I am now, on a day fit for the most depressing ending of a soap opera, putting together words that I do not have any intention for at all. But maybe there is and even if there is, the reason for it is beyond me. I have no understanding of it. But even so, why bother?

The hour is 1700 and the same gloominess that greeted me when I woke up is still ever so present. I wonder, why should it go on when it can stop? Yes, it set the mood for my book and yes it coaxed me into a nap but does it have to go on into the evenings when all one needs is a little bit of sunshine?

Perhaps the gloom is here for a reason. What that reason is, I can never be sure for unlike me there must be many out there deeply in need of this gloom to understand their aching hearts. Something must have gone wrong. But what? The answer to that is beyond me as well. Just like the triumphs in the book that I have yet to finish.

No comments: