Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Candle In The Wind

I know that you may feel like a well right now. A well ready spill its water over its walls. Especially after listening to the words which you mapped out before me. I can't help but imagine what it must have been like for you back then. A young flower enduring the world with nothing more to hold on to than the stick of death, the words of satan and a bunch of people who are only strong in the face of a weak opponent. But it's really hard to imagine you being all those things when my perception of you is indeed very much different from the words that you speak. But then again, don't we all hide behind smiles and sweet words just to cover up for our dirty little secrets and for our hardships? Perhaps the reason you did hide behind your smile was because I treated you with the amount of respect that you deserved and that you didn't want to disappoint me. And maybe that's why I didn't think of you the way you did about yourself. By making this statement, I do not wish to imply or to paint you as a bad person or anything within that respect. Because, I know that you are not. And I know that there is more to you than meets the eye. All you did was to make a few mistakes. Mistakes that a lost soul would normally do. I too have made many mistakes. Mistakes which I obviously regret and mistakes that I shall never be proud of. But I am glad that you have now managed to find a rope to hold on to. A rope so solid I wonder what power would be good enough to break it. And I hope that you will keep holding on to that rope and someday, hopefuly you will climb that rope. And once you have reached the top of that rope, you will be able to see that there are many more people like yourself who cling on to this rope of hope. Perhaps only then will you understand that what you did was only human. Maybe once you have realised that will you learn to forgive yourself. Once that happens, maybe you can help the other lost souls to climb this rope and enjoy the enlightenment that you now seek. I've always believed that life is indeed a million mile journey with alot of twists and turns and dead ends. But the wonderful thing about life is that it has its own road maps, junctions and u-turns. I hope that this has helped.Good night my dear. I hope you sleep well tonight. The promise I made to you is still etched in my mind. I will never forget it.

No comments: