Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Friend

First time I saw you, I was backstage with my band, ready to gig. Yes, I sounded horrible. But those were the dumb days. First time we said hi, was when you complemented our playing and asked whether or not I had made a mistake at the pre chorus for wonderwall. We shook hands and introduced ourselves to each other. I didn't think much of it. But I could have never been more wrong. But after that day, we never saw much of each other. Only the occasional hellos and goodbyes. And the next time we met was when I did a solo performance and one with a band I barely knew. But though I know I sang like a frog, you still said I sounded okay. Very funny. And by the way, I'm stil waiting for those singing lessons you promised me. After that night, we completely lost contact until not too long ago last year. And we talked. And while talking I realised that I had made myself a very good friend. A friend I would never want to loose. Not even for bags of gold or even for a Lamborghini. And so it lasted to this very day. A very special day for her. And in case you were wondering, I still remember those jokes and alot more jokes too x-).
There is an adage saying that "Friends who laugh together with you are of abundance. But friends who shed tears along with you are rare." This saying can never be more true when it comes to you. For you have always been there for me. Even during the time when the doctors gave me the crushing news, your words helped me pull through and gave me hope that there would always be someone out there when I really needed a friend to talk to. You will forever have a special place in my heart for as long as I have breath in me.

This post is dedicated to a dear friend of mine, who turns sixteen today. God bless.

No comments: