I woke up today,
Gripped by fear.
Gripped with anxiety.
Its clammy hands,
Sucking the air out of me.
I woke up today.
Gripped by the unknown.
Gripped by the deceased.
Their grip so tight,
I didn't know if I could fight.
I stayed up last night,
Waiting for it to come,
Waiting for it to acknowledge.
They took so long,
I went to sleep.
Yesterday night,
I sent a bird out.
To a far away land.
But it returned,
Intercepted.
Yesterday night,
I braved the dark,
Hoping for light.
All I found was a deeper tunnel.
With no room to go.
Five days ago,
I wrote a letter,
A letter without an intention.
Today it returned,
Marked unsent.
Today,
I learnt a lesson,
I paid my dues.
Dues so expensive,
They left me broke.
I begin to wonder,
Was it all worth my time?
Was this all just another prop?
Was this all just another script?
With the message no?
A journey revisited.
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment