Ever had one of those times when your public speaking lecturer gives you a class work. A class work which goes like, " Here's three topics, I'll give you five minutes of preparation time, then I would like you to up and present whatever you have come up with." Well, I had that day today. Our lecturer gave us three topics which were Relationships, Chocolates and Fads. We had five minutes to construct an introduction and then present it. And like all others, I had to do it too. So I prepared a text. And when I was called, I slowly looked up to the teacher and gave her that 'I don't want to do it' look. But I did nevertheless proceed to stand up. But before I could actually move away from my table, she gave me that wierd look and challenged me. "Before you come up, Is yours hot? Is yours good?" I turned around, looked at her, and said no. I then walked up, shaking to the bone and presented my speech.
You are thirty years old, and you are enjoying an intimate moment with this girl, Lana, whom you have just proposed to. While you are enjoying yourselves, the girl suddenly screams and runs out the door with tears streaming down her face. You are shocked. You wonder what has happened. Then as you walk in front of the mirror, you realise that you have a tatoo with the words Susan painted all over it. Then you start to realise what has happened. Your thoughts then wander off to the time when you were a young man and you had decided to get yourself a tatoo of your then girlfriend Susan. And your thoughts drift back to the current time. You now understand what has happened. When Lana saw this tatoo, whe thought that you were having an affair with this girl Susan and loved her more. You sit by your bedside feeling stupid, while thinking to yourself. Why did I ever get that tatoo? Why?
Good morning everyone. I stand in front of you today to inform you about the dangers of fads. I am going to tell you how it destroys your life, how it destroys the lives of others and how it costs unwanted medical bills. Thank you.
After and during the time when I presented this speech, I recieved an unbelievable level of applause and laughter. I was even branded the class's latest drame king. But I think I'm still second to Jun Yu. That guy is brilliant. Seriously. Some even said that I looked like I was rapping on stage. Yes Malcolm, I was. My hands were moving all around the place like in one of those Snoop Dogg videos. And I was really nervous. But all ended on a well note. Our lecturer was laughing and said that I had a very effective intro.
Oh yeah, I went to the dentsit today and got news that I have a cavity on one of my molars.
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment