Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fade and Burn

When I began the year, I thought to myself about how laid back the first couple of months would be. And to be honest with you, I felt rather mixed about it. Happy that I would have more free time and screwed up about the fact that I couldn't think of anything to do to fill up all that free time. And somewhat true to my predictions, the first three weeks of the year has been rather boring. But its like they say, not all big bores are here to stay. And thankfully, the way I see it, in the coming weeks, I would be as good as pleading to the devil with my soul as a collateral for some free time just to watch Top Gear.

The reason? Well, apart from my studies, I have taken on huge responsibilities in three different clubs. All of them with one major event lined up for this semester. The first one, is that I'm chairman for the Music Fest. The second is being a photo editor who will work in a team to edit hundreds of pictures. The third is being a writer for the college magazine. Of course, each would come with stringent deadlines and tonnes of work and some eqully crazy planning. The best part is that I'm due a job in February. Plus we have quite a few gigs lined up for ourselves in March. So practicing could take quite an amount of time off my schedule. Time that I almost too happy to trade to live out one of my biggest passions along with the best dudes and dudettes I've ever known. Afterall, I only have a couple more months to hang out with them. So I might as well have one big blast. Like in the words of Kurt Cobain. It is better to burn out than fade away.



p,s. Nimitz is making a long due comeback...!!!

No comments: