Its 5.03 pm and I am all alone in the library. Not literally alone but alone in a sense that I don't think that I know anyone who are currently here. So, what on earth am I doing at the library at 5.03 pm? Good question. Well, last week a friend invited me to some Chinese New Year function which will happen at college in about an hour and a halfs time. Having nothing else to do at college after the hour of 4, I didn't want to go. But after some not so persistent asking, I decided to tag along anyways. Which means that I would have to unwillingly fork out a certain sum of money to pay for the tickets. Not that I am complaining or anything but I'm happier having money coming in than going out of my pocket. But this of course does not mean that I am a scrooge when it comes to spending. I've had my own fair share of overspending. Impulse spending as it is more commonly known.
But anyhow, I still have over an hour left, probably two given the nature of the plague which goes by the name of "Malaysian Timing", the one hour is more likely to become two. The worst part is that as I type, the heavens decided to pour all its grief upon us. Which of course means that all the stage props have to be taken down to shield them from the rain and refitted when the rain has stopped. Which means that further delays are next to inevitable. "Three cheers for the rain!"
On a random note, have you ever been in a situation where some people tend to look hauntingly similar to other people that we know and who couldn't possibly be because of certain factors? Well, I'm having one now. The guy sitting across me, on one of the study tables looks exactly like a friend who studies in the Malayan University. I doubt that it is him though.
On another note. I just found out, while staring at Anne's computer at the AUP Office that there is a certain term out there called cybersex. It is when people, adults actually gather online, webcams at the ready to enjoy sex. Not that I am interested or anything but the whole idea does indeed seem raher peculiar and absurd. But heck, if it keeps someone happy, who I am to comment? But the whole thing of me finding out was quite fortuitios. There I was reading about the Presidential Elections over MSNBC, minding my own business, and all of a sudden, I hear the phrase "How To Be Successful In Cybersex," coming from beside me. Immediately, I looked up and said "what?" Then the rest as they say is history.
Sigh, I'm here, all alone and I can slowly feel all sense of rationality escape me. Don't tell me that it doesn't. It is rather obvious. Plus the internet does get rather boring at times. Especially when the connection behaves like a shopping cart on oval shaped wheels.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment