I've finally started practicing my first real song all year. And that song is Buried Alive by the one and only Alter Bridge. The whole practice was rather fortuitous actually. The entrance riff of that song had been playing in my head for quite some time. And I really felt the vibe of that song. I have had the wanting to practice that song last year but I didn't go ahead because it required me tune my guitar to the Drop-C# tuning. But its like they say, if you put too much pressure in a pressure cooker and the steam is bound to burst out. But anyways, so I took my guitar out and proceeded to download the guitar pro file, saved it, turned it on, took out my guitar and played away. And I'm glad to say that I am quite happy with my first impressions actually. It sounds a whole lot harder to the ear than it does to the hands. But it can get a little tricky at certain parts of the lead lines. But I hope that I would be able to overcome that pretty soon. Another song which I should be learning is Rainmaker by Iron Maiden. Though the lyrics are pretty repetitious, the guitar lines are superb. Classic Maiden stuff.
But anyways, that was a rough update of what I've been doing for a significant part of the day. The other part, or more like a little over an hour, was me taking my dog out for a very, very long walk which proved to be quite a memorable dog walking trip. Actually, I was hoping for a little something when I decided to take my dog out that far but instead of having my dreams fulfilled, I had half the dogs barking viciously at ourselves and we almost got chased by a pregnant female dog. But the good thing was that it did not happen because they were all either tied up or locked up in their respective houses. I can't bear to think what would have happened had that not been the case. So much for trying to dream the probable but almost impossible. It was a good experience anyways, in a twisted way of course.
So that's what my day has been like. Oh, and I am a couple of pages away from completely reading a book on the Mafia which I bought last year.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment