Friday, August 24, 2007

Angels And Saints

They say that the best things in life are always hard to find. Even rare, are the angels and saints who constantly watch over your every move, making sure that no matter how many times you fall, there will be someone waiting to give you a helping hand. Picking you up every time you fall. I find this phrase extremely hard hard to disagree with. Experience, probably my most important teacher has shown me just how true this is. Personally, I feel glad that through the entire course of my existence, I've been given the greatest honor of knowing quite a few extraordinary souls who has not only filled me up but also provided a place where I know I belong. A place in which I will never feel like an alien. A place I know I will miss when the time comes to say goodbye. I always believed that I was stony enough not to let my feelings get the better of me but when it comes to these people, I am often overwhelmed by my feelings that I seem to forget reality itself. So much so, my mind now tells me that no matter how strong a rock can be, apply enough heat, and it will melt. And molten I have become in the face of this pleasurable heat which has burned me deep enough to leave an everlasting scar. A scar which will always remind me of the love I once longed for. A scar which will always remind me even in my most darkest of hours about the love which I receive in my barren existence.
Words. Words can never describe the extent of what it is that I engender deep in me. But somehow, my fingers, deep with gratitude knocks away on this blackened plastic keyboard hoping that someday, sometime, the right words will indeed emerge and will be put across as a testament to how much its master depends on all those angels and saints around him to keep him going strong. To make sure that he doesn't become insane from the challenges of life.
Names. Names are not important at this stage. For I believe that those who understand will know all those who I refer to and they themselves will come up with the pieces of the puzzle and put them together to form the picture which I have in my mind. And in it, they will learn, they will learn the names of those to whom I dedicate these words to. And they will learn how thankful I am to have them as my friends. For it is my belief that no amount of gold, no amount of riches, can ever become a subsitute to the riches of a friend.

No comments: