Today,while I was waitting to go for lunch, I chanced upon a very interesting topic in my physics text book. Among all the sentences in that topic, I was extremely fascinated by this statement.
"The speed of a clock(time) moves relative to the speed of the person who is looking at it."
Baffled? So was I. Apparently, what this statement says is that the speed of everything that goes on around us very much depends on the speed at which we are travelling. Even more surprising is that a person who is standing right next to us may give a completely different measurement or account of what is going on around us eventhough he or she is standing right beside you.
So, at first glance, what this statement is trying to tell us is that we live in completely different timelines from everybody else. We may be only inches apart, but not so in the timeline. This theory has never been proven false so far. Strange isn't it?
Friday, August 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment