Saturday, August 4, 2007

Holy Waters

Through these holy waters I wade. Constantly reminding myself of the reason I chose to bear the burden of this hurdle. No, it was not because I had seeked fame, I had not seeked glamor. But what I seek is the most basic of pleasure. One that is often denied to many people because they were too afraid to fight for their future. Too afraid to hold off all those ridiculous claims about their passion from a society which is getting even more slave minded by the day. I fought them. Tooth and nail. I did.
Yes, these holy waters, they nourish me as well as they malnourish me. Offering me resistance as well as they offer me a hand. But on top of all, they allow me to walk around with pride. They allow me to speak the words of fredom and satisfaction which is rarely spoken, even in the most democratic parts of the world.
But no, I will not hold my head up high. No, I will not speak these words of freedom. I will instead hang my head low, offering assistance to those who need me. For a fighter that fights alone never wins the war. He only wins nothing more but a silent place in history. A corner visited by noone. A corner tht will eventually fade into oblivion.
Oh holy waters, hold me up, and I shall give sermons about you. I will make sure that you will someday be able to quench all those thirsty men and women who long for their freedom.

No comments: