Yesterday, I was discharged from one of my most memorable posts in an organization. That is, I was discharged from my post as assistant band manager to the music club. The reason I was discharged was because I had already come to the end of my one year mandatory service period and that it was now time to make way for an entirely new board of committee.
I did of course feel rather weird because the end of it all came in a rather abrupt fashion. I did realise that there was to be a voting on the 1st of August, but I guess that I never really thought about it until the dying seconds.
Being in a relatively important post has indeed taught me a few things on leadership, but I think that the most important or rather enjoyable part of being a part of the committee was that I was able to make friends with quite a few people.
The reason I did not run for the precidency was also because I felt that others, Kit Ming especially was a much better leader than me. Secondly, I felt that I would be able to perform better under him. So, I decided to vote for him for President.
So now I guess that it's time to move on and look for other opportunities. Hopefully one that deals with photography. My other passion
Thursday, August 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment