The clock in my living room shows that the hour is 11.30 at night. Another thirty minutes and the date would have already become the 23rd of August. A further 24 hours and thirty minutes, the date would have already become the 24th of August 2007, a date which is very significant to me. For it has been 19 years since I drew my first breath, 19 years since I had first seen the light of day through my inexperienced eyes, and most importantly, 19 years since I had started this journey which we all call life.
Obviously, I am extremely glad that I am getting older as the days go by. Moving faster and faster away from what is often termed the late teenage years. Every second I live, is one second closer to adulthood. In fact, come this 24th of August, I would only have one year left as a teenager. Then, its adulthhood for me.
If you were to ask me about my feelings or thoughts about it, I would not be able to give anybody an answer because, I really don't know how exactly I feel about it. There are plenty of mixed thoughts and mixed emotions involved in it. As I sometimes feel happy, scared, anxious, excited and a host of other indescribable feelings.
I feel happy because, like I have previously mentioned, I will no longer be looked upon as just another kid but instead as another adult, finding his way in life, tryig to make a difference in something, somewhere. Apart fro that, I also feel happy because, I will become that much closer to achieveing my dreams and that much closer to embarking on another chapter in my history.
I feel scared, anxious and nervous because, I am often afraid of the unknowns which will certainly present itself before me in many surprising ways I am sure. Furthermore, at some point in time, I will no longer be able to enjoy the security of having many things which I often take for granted such as having a home, food, and things of similar nature because I will then have to do everything on my own two feet. Though I am excited about the prospect of roughing it out in the real world as an independant man, I am quietly scared of the challenging prospects of life. A life no longer butressed by my parents. No more allowances, no more paid bills, no more paid for amenities, no more nothing which I did not work for.
But despite of all the challenges which I know lie ahead, I am well and truely ready, but not neccesarilly prepared to take on this challenge. What come may, I shall face it with enthusiasm and tact which I hope that I will be able to.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment