Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dead Beat

A couple of days ago, I was mulling over the idea of going on a very lengthy blogging hiatus because I really didn't have anything to write for the past two months or so and I wasn't really in the best of writing shape. But since I'm rather free this morning and I've just skip work to work on our project for tomorrow, I might as well just drop a quick one in before the day begins.

As you might have already known, my new band will be playing tomorrow night and to be honest with you I am feeling slightly worried about how everything is going. It's the eve of d-day and we haven't even come up with our final list of what we are going to do for the night and how we plan to do it. But what troubles me most is that we might not have enough time to rectify certain issues, which I can definitely say will not be cured overnight and might end up putting on another mediocre show that would probably have us pelted wih rotten tomatoes and eggs. Not ot mention the aftermath. The organizers would kill us all if we came up and didn't do a good job because those guys are going to spend money on providing us with very good equipment. Something which was not originally in their budget. So what I plan to do to solve the problem is to try to work on our strengths and not try too hard to overcome our weak points and not getting anywhere. We're going to try to drive in the mentality that one good song is a whole lot better that three full songs that suck. And that no one player is more important than the rest and that what should do what is best for the band on not just do something just to make any one of us look like a bigger rockstar or anything because when it comes to the music, looks are secondary. It is the show that is the most important. We've still got more than a day left till the event. Let's see where we end up.

I think I've said enough for the morning. I'd better get on down to college, bring my guitar along and try to work on the songs and see what we can do to improve the situation.

-It can be a blessing sometimes-

No comments: