Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Refleksi

When times are shaky, Staind is always the best companion. They tell you what you need to hear without beating round the bush.

I guess it is time for me to do a little reflection. Not too long ago, Iggy gave me a piece of his mind. He told me what I ought to be doing. His words were clear. If I were you, I wouldn't bother. At that time, I really did want to listen to him afterall, he had been through it all and who better to take advice from? But then I said to myself how bad can it get? So I took my own path. I followed what I thought was right. I went for it anyways.

In the beginning, it was a little difficult. I didn't know what to do. I did the only thing I knew at that time. Of course, that wasn't easy as well but step by step, I weathered the cold storm not knowing what to expect at the next turn. All I could hope for was that it would calm itself down and I wouldn't have to do anything. And much to my amusement, it did and everything was back to where it started. Normal. I brushed it all aside as a mere coincidence and went on.

It remained that way for quite some time and I was glad I didn't listen to Iggy. I was on a high. But then all of a sudden, things became sour. Covenants were being broken and for the first time, I think I am starting to understand why. At least, I can now predict that if at all it really came to a grinding halt, I know why.

But now that I am faced with the same prospect all over again, what should I do? Try another time or just listen to Iggy and get it over with? Hmm...

No comments: