You know what, I think I am going to tell you about the time when I first hird the "sacred" four lettered word. Yes, I can actually remember the time.
A long , long time ago when I must have been around six or seven, we used to have a bunch of Chinese bachelors as neighbours. And we used to hang out with them in the evening, playing badminton. Our fence would become the net. And we did this almost everyday of the week.
So one evening I saw these guys carrying their things out of the house. Puzzled, I went in to ask what was going on. So one of the guys told me that they were moving to a house right down the street. Then while watching, I saw someone else in the house whom I didn't recognize. Me being a rather curious kid, I innocently ask for his name. "Eh, what's his name?" I said. "His name ah? You can call him uncle Fah Kiu," said one of the bachelors whose name I can't remember but for this article I shall call him Tan. At that time, I didn't know much about words and I really didn't know that it was all some kind of a joke to teach me a bad word. So I went over and said "Hello uncle Fah Kiu. How are you?" And with that, Tan started laughing while saying the word "Fah Kiu" numerous times. Puzzled, I simply walked away. But that was that.
So everytime I saw him I would go "Hello uncle Fah Kiu!!" right in the middle of the street. I even once told my mom that we have a neighbour by the name of Fah Kiu.
But of course, his name wasn't really Fah Kiu. It was something else. I can't remember what. So yeah, that was the first time I used the four lettered word on someone. And right now, I feel like using it again.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment