Thursday, March 1, 2007

Cancelled Classes

You know what, I feel real evil today. Well, you know how much we all hate to wake up early to go to college or school then find out that class is cancelled? It just happened today. Not to me, but to my friend, Sachin. Here's how it happened.
This Tuesday, Ms. Jerry told the entire class that physics lessons on Thursday(today) would be cancelled because she won't be here. It just so happened that Sachin did not attend class for that day because he was sick. He still is. Since I was his good friend, Ms. Jerry asked me to tell him that class would be cancelled. At first, Calvin joked, 'eh dude. Don't tell Sachin.' Then the whole class echoed his jocular statement. So did I.

I then thought to myself, I won't tell him now because I will be seeing him tomorrow(Wednesday). So, I left the matter as it was.

(Fast Forward to Thursday Morning(Today))
I woke up at around 8.30 in the morning. As usual, the first thing I do when I wake up is to check my handphone for any missed calls or messages. I did, and realised that I had one missed call. I clicked to check who it was. It was Sachin. I asked myself, why on earth did Sachin call me. After a few minutes of pondering, it hit me in the head like a rock smashing into concrete. To my absolute horror,I had forgotten to tell Sachin that classes were canceled. I messaged him and cassually asked 'you called?'. I was playing dumb. A few minutes later I got a reply "How come you did not inform me that today got no class?'. I replied 'Crap, I thought you already knew. Sorry about that dude.' NO reply came back.

I seriously feel bad for him. He is sick and drove all the way from Bangsar to get to college. I must appologise tomorrow.

See, I'm a good friend right?

No comments: