Tuesday, March 20, 2007

When Paths Diverge

'So it ends,' he said while looking down the road that he had walked. A road filled with memories of custom origins. 'So ends a bond that I hoped would last forever,' he said. His mouth so close to the microphone that he could taste the metal and feel the air of electricity coming from the microphone. 'I don't know what happened, neither do I know why. But all I know is that after four years, it ends here.' he said while taking a pause to asses the crowd's reaction. Of course, nobody knew what he was talking about. He always spoke in incomplete rhetoric. Nobody really understood why. Nobody did, but him. Some theorized that he was terrified. Some theorized that he was ashamed or even too shy. Perhaps these theories were right. But we may never know. For when it came to containing the feelings and thoughts that he had engendered, he was a master. Nobody else could do it the way he does. Like a volcano, he thrives on being fed on vast quantities searing magma. But unlike a volcano, he doesn't erupt. Or does he? Well, no one knows the answers. All they can do is speculate.

But returning to the crowd, he said. 'I don't know what else to say. I tried my best, with my best intentions at heart, but somehow the message never got through. Even if it did, it was misread. And therefore, as of now, our paths are separate. They no longer converge. Neither are they parallel.' With that, he stepped back and walked off the stage. Receiving a silent applause at best.

No comments: