Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Roman Law

You know what, I feel like the world's biggest idiot. I just feel like taking a sledgehammer and bludgeoning myself with it. Do you remember the time I wrote 'letters written with blood?', and how I said I would follow that up with 'the fallout'? If you have read it, you might remember me speaking about the dangers of the imagination of the human mind. And also how much I regretted engendering those thoughts? Lets just say that I failed to understand and learn from the very words that I preached! I know that I may not be a paragon of virtue, but being a paradox to my own principles is something that should never go about like a spoilt little brat who was never disciplined.

But I guess, this is it for me. I've seen too much to doubt reality. I've heard too much to be deafened by the sound of language. And I have thought too much to be oblivious to my thoughts. In essence, I have learnt too much. All I pray for is never to have these provocative termites eat through my neurons and take control of my mind. For when it comes to thought manipulating termites, I am but a block of wood. Food.

I have done nothing wrong and therefore I shall have no ill thoughts towards myself by another being. Assumptions shall always remain an assumption unless the assumption is proven to be true. In short, I shall take the law of the Roman. Innocent unless proven otherwise. This is one of the many sticks that I wish to live by throughout the course of my life.

The mind is an equally destructive force as it is a useful one. How you use it is up to you.

No comments: