Saturday, March 10, 2007

Me And My Guitar

Ever seen one of dud bombs? Ever noticed how they work? Well, in case you didn't know, they just fall of the bombers who carry them and they would hurtle down to the ground at mind boggling speeds and then explode with a force good enough to cause your local ants to become dinner. This of course leads me to my next point which is..... No, wait. It doesn't. I just felt like writing that. But anyways, today, I would like to talk about my guitar playing. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. my guitar playing.

If you ever had a chance to watch me play when I was 16 and then watch me play now, my guess is that you would most probably come to a conclusion that my playing hasn't changed. My influences have, my so called fan base has, but my playing just hasn't. Not even by an inch.

Well, for the most part of it, I have to blame it on laziness to practice. But that was back when I was a 17 year old dude. But then, when I started coming out of my shell, I found that I had absolutely no time to play. Every time I wanted to play, something would turn up and I would be dragged away from actually playing. Would you believe me if I told you that the last time a learnt a new song was way back last year? Until now, I haven't learnt anything new that is worthy of mention.

Of course, this hands me a colossal handicap in terms of independability. It makes me replacable. But then again, who is there that you know of can strum rather consistently? But then again, what happens when your main guy is unable to attend a concert? Who is going to do the tricky work? In that sense, I agree that I possess a handicap.

The whole affair is very depressing indeed. Therefore, I am going to have to change the way things are. From now on, from absolutely 0 hours of guitar playing per week, I'm going to raise that to a minimum of four and I will learn a new song every two weeks. A modest number indeed. But when you put that into perspective, or in sync with my other activities, I can guarantee that you would be absolutely horrified.

Jon, if you are reading this, call me an arse of whatever you please, and make me feel guilty about it.

Note: replacable and independability are not words which you may find in the dictionary. They are made up with the sole intention of getting the message across with greater effectiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you ar*e...haha! me nowadays dopnt have much time to spend on the axe too,though i'm not neglecting it! haha. still jam through some songs,but same as you,haven't been learning any new stuff already for a while. but i'm going to,you can count on that!haha. -yours sincerely,jon.

Unknown said...

haha...i hope we all do man. not playing guitar sucks.