Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Break, Well Deserved

Well I must say that today gave me the longest break that I ever had in over five weeks. As most of you would have already known, I sat for my physics test today. The test was okay. It was not as difficult as I had assumed it to be, but what bugs me the most is that I had studied so hard for chapters 2, 3, 4 and 5 to the point that I had almost entirely neglected chapter 1. Well, as usual, the mentality was that 'how hard could chapter 1 be?' And much to my surprise, I could barely answer the question that was featured from chapter 1. And this my dear friends cost me 3 precious marks. So, what this implies is that I cannot get a perfect score for this test and my overall marks would be brought down from a 100% to 97%. And therefore, after some calculations, based on worst case scenarios, I can hope to score no higher than 91% for Physics. Devastating, no? But all that's in the past now. From this point onwards, I have to push even further. But enough of tests.

Just now, for the first time in ages, I had actually managed to watch a movie. Not just any movie, of course. But a good movie. The movie was appropriately titled
'Flags Of Our Fathers' The theme of the entire movie reverberated around the Battle Of Iwo Jima which happened in the winter of 1945. In that battle, which lasted in a little over a month, over 15000 soldiers, both American and Japanese lost their lives in one of the most intense fighting in the Pacific Theatre Of Operation during World War 2. The movie aslo showed the ugly side of capitalists. People who were just willing to endure others through so much suffering while they sat ensconed in their posh offices, all in the name of money. But then again, I guess that they had to do what they did in order to win the war and also to stamp out Fascism and extremism. The movie too gave a realistic and vivid depiction on the events that happened during the battle. The fighting, the shooting, the beheading, the brotherhood. All were very impressive.

I doubt that many of you would watch it, for this movie requires the audience to have at least a vague idea about the War in the pacific and the events of World War Two. I have over 5 years of experience on the subject. Furthermore, a vast majority of teenagers these days don't really enjoy history the way I do. But heck,, what do I know?

Alright then, I guess I shall go and enjoy the rest of m break.

No comments: