Damn, my hands are still shaking. I can't even hold steady and type properly. The experience that I had just less then half an hour ago really blew me away. And I'm glad it did. Just now, my mom sent her Naza for servicing. So, she asked me to follow her to the mechanics shop. She drove the Arctic Queen, while I drove the Naza. So when we got there, she parked opposite the shop and I parked behind her. Then she alighted from the car and signalled me to go and sit in the drivers seat of the Arctic Queen. Obviously, I started to get pumped. I started to fantasize about the opportunity of driving the Arctic Queen home. But then reality dealt me a cruel blow when I thought that maybe she just wanted me to take care of the car and keep a vigil for oncoming traffic while she discussed with the mechanics as to what to do with the Naza. So I got in and sat in the drivers seat. That's when, I turned on the radio and Alicia Keys was on it. Naturally, I started to sing along to that song. But of course, common sense would tell you that I can never have a voice as good as hers. Then as I was 'singing', I saw my mother walking towards the car. But something seemed rather odd. She was walking towards the passenger's side of the car. I started to get dubiously ecstatic as I thought that maybe she'd wanted to tell me to get out of the drivers side. But, on the contrary, she got in an asked me to drive instead! Boy, I was speechless. I honestly believed that I was dreaming. Come on, how could such an inexperienced driver like me ever drive the Arctic Queen? It would be insane. There was no 'P' sticker on it for god's sake! I could have my licence revoked! Anyways, i drove on. Heart in edge of mouth
Driving it was akin to riding a roller coaster. Scary and fun at the same time. I mean the car cost 212,000 dollars!! What if I knocked into other cars? Get the picture? But it was fun. Initially, I drove slowly, as I had to get used to the positioning of the pedals and the indicator levers and not to forget, the height of the car. I kinda felt sorry for the people behind me. I was driving like a grandmother. I vividly remember laying curses on some grandma who drove so slowly in her BMW. So, I guess what goes around really comes around. But after a couple of minutes of experimenting with the car, I stepped on it. But I only managed to get up to 50kmh. There was not enough road left to go any faster and most importantly, my mom was seated beside me.
So there you have it dudes and dudettes. My first experience driving a German car. Hopefully this won't be my last. I still dream of Lamborghini's and Ferrari's and all kinds of super cars. And to get there, I need to study real hard and smart.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment