Friday, January 12, 2007

Math is Fun!!

I just finished answering my Calculus 2 quiz. And fortunately, my lawyer was bloody good in court and my weapons were enough to destroy the enemy!! So with that, the jury might be tempted to prove me innocent after all. If you have read the previous post, you'd understand what i mean. But anyhow, today was really cool. Because for the first time in history, I actually managed to score a perfect 10 over 10 for my Physics quiz. What a relief! I thought I would score only 5 for the quiz! But looking back on how the past 3 semesters in college have gone, its really amazing to see how I have transformed from 'The most under performing student in class' into one of the better few. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep this momentum on for the rest of my life!
But apart from that, for the umpteenth time, I FOUND MY DOG AND LOST IT AGAIN! All in the same day. Sad, I know. For some reason or another, I seem to be loosing my dog so very often. Though, I've fenced up my entire compound, she still manages to escape.Sigh.
Ahh, not to forget, I managed to watch the entire Hiroshima series on Discovery. Pretty touching indeed. Especially during the aftermath of the bombing. But don't get me wrong here. I think that the dropping of the bomb really did save more lives than it had actually killed. If they did not drop the bombs, more people and soldiers would have been killed due to a possible invasion of the Japanese Islands by the Allied Forces. And the war planners expected deaths of over 2 million people. The bombs only killed about 100 odd thousand people. In fact, if we were to analyze the happenings of that day, it was the Japanese Prime Minister, Suzuki's fault that the bombs were dropped. You see before the bombs were dropped, the Allies gave the Japs an ultimatum to surrender unconditionally or to face more violent fighting. Suzuki did not respond to this ultimatum and which lead to the inevitable bombing of Hiroshima. He could have prevented another bomb from being dropped on Nagasaki, but once again, his stubbornness was paid for with the lives of 50000 Japanese civilians. But honestly, this subject would be better debated face to face.

No comments: