Today is the first day of my third semester in college, and I'd have to say that the build up to this moment was nothing but exciting.
I started the day by waking up at around 7 A.M. and quite surprisingly, I did so without an ounce of a fuss. Furthermore, I did have good nights sleep last night. So I think that may have contributed to my fussless wake up. After getting up, I hurriedly got dressed and believe it or not, I actually completed taking my bath in under 10 minutes, a feat which I would have normally taken anywhere between 15-20 minutes. Breakfast too didn't seem to take ages. So, I got my stuff ready and went of to college.
Upon reaching the college, I found myself walking through unfamiliar gates....duh... They had repositioned the main entrance by quite a substantial distance to the right of the previous entrance. What did I expect? Barge through the old gates? All this done to make way for our college's expansion. But honestly, the was an aura of difference about college. It seemed more packed and I felt very relaxed. Too relaxed.
When I got to the concourse, I saw a few familiar faces. I saw Sigmund and gang near the reception office. I said hello and talked an ounce with them. Soon, Cathy and Yu Jun came and we said hello also. But, me being me, I quickly hurried off to class. The first lesson was calculus 2 with good old Ms Shanta. My timetable said that it was to be held at room 305. So, I climbed up the stairs to the third floor. And thats when I saw Justin. I had not seen him for quite some time. So, we greeted each other and I asked him what class did he have. He said he has calculus 1 which was to be held at room 305. I looked at ihm and asked him if he was sure, because my timetable said that Calculus 2 was going to be at room 305. So, he went in and asked the occupants in the class and they confirmed that my timetable was wrong.Great! Just great. Now I'd have to walk around every floor knocking on every door to confirm where my lessons was going to be held. But fortunately, my sleeping brain cells saved me the hard work and possible blushes when they woke up and told me to go down the stairs and ask Teng Choon which class that we were supposed to go to. I climbed down again and asked him. He told me that it was in room 306. Hmm...looks like the printer screwed up! o, we went up only to find a class full of people. Something that I did not look forward too as I wanted to get the front row. I went in, and the first thing I did was say good morning rather loudly to Ms. Shanta. And rthen , I walked over to a few people whom I had not met in a long time and gave them the good old handshake, modern style and proceeded to sit beside Fazlan which was right at the back. But we later shifted to the front when Ms Shanta started lecturing. Calculus class was fun. Afterall, our lecturer is Ms Shanta and I don't really see how she can make math a boring subject.
After calculus, I went back home as I had nothing left to do in college and my other friends had lessons. My next class was American History which was at 12. So, I went home, had lunch and walked back to college.
I reached class at around 11.55. I walked in, said a few hello's and took a seat.Then our lecturer walked in. His name is Dr. William George Borges. He is an American with a little bit of British blood who was born in Los Angeles and whos brothers name is George William Borges. Insane right. Yes, I am having an American for a lecturer and he is one hell of a fantastic dude. Yes, he may have his strict standards for late comers, but he had an impeccable command of English and an insane knowledge in History and philosophy. I found that out by having a friendly arguement on wether or not god is real, should christians accept the blood of a non christian and to whom does Ameica really belong to. Of course, another dude by the name of Eugene gave his own views which were funny but highly pointless.And I did belive that he spoke like the older version of Jack Black! But like I said, he is amazing.
Halfway through the class, we lost power. So he let us off early. Then, I got home and did my stuff and now here I am teallin you about my day.
Well, I guess I have to end it here. I need to go and read about The American Reconstruction.
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment