Today, I took thirty minutes to walk a walk which would normally take me ten minutes. Somehow, time seemed to pass by very slowly today. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. For the first time in weeks, was I able to stop and take a look around to everything that seemed to be going on around me. I had been oblivious to everything and everything seemed oblivious to me.
Today, my lungs felt fresh air gushing down its narrow windpipes for the first time in weeks. It had been poisoned. Poisoned by the noxious fumes from the hustle bustle of college life. But at the same time, breathing in all these fumes has indeed made it stronger.
Today, I learnt what true friendship means. I learnt what it takes to a be a true friend and it showed me how much I did not deserve to receive a friend like that. But maybe, this friend comes as a blessing in disguise. I will never know.
Today, I go to sleep. I go to sleep knowing the truth of what has been killing me since last Wednesday. But at least I shall sleep in peace, for the demons have been quelled and I shall now realise which path should I lay my feet upon.
Today, I reflected on my week and realised that I had not been very wise in many ways. I was rash and I laid my principles bare, for it to be the object of thievery for my untested hormones. I understood that I had not lived up to the name that I carried and that I have let many people down. I shall apologise tomorrow.
But today is today. Tomorrow I start anew. I start from scratch.
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment