Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Story : A Reflection Of The Past

I had initially wanted to use this slot to mark my 50Th post on this blog. But unfortunately alot of my time to do it has been curtailed due to the seemingly never ending demands of assignments, quizzes, tests and of course chores for music club. But then again, isn't all of this an achievement on its own? Well, if you knew me long enough, of course, you wouldn't believe me. I don't blame you for it. I really don't. But I'm afraid, much to your dismay, or to some of you, your joy, I've come a long way from being that little kid who just really did not fit in no matter what the crowd or situation. Unfinished assignments no matter what the subject or who teacher and of course a constant string of failures for god knows how long. All along I really had nothing to look upon and nothing to speak of myself without shrugging my shoulders with my head down or speaking in a quiver. I remember the way I'd be scorned upon, belittled and alot of other things that you really wouldn't want to go through. Some said that I'd live through this life as a jobless man, a hopeless, a nobody, just another one of those people who just lives without any direction. I've had people give up and walk out upon me, saying that I would never reach my dreams and I would forever be a loser. But thankfully, I have had many angels and saints to help me pull myself together and to give me solace and hopes for a brighter future. I really don't know where I'd be without them. Enduring this has most certainly hurt me in certain ways, but I guess life's an arduous journey where you learn to pick yourself up after every fall and learn to stomp your foot down and demand for what is righteously yours. But through it all, I did have my dreams and aspirations. I always dreamt of being a success story. Someone who would always be looked up upon by all walks of life and someone who really made a difference both to humanity and other worldly contributions. I may not have realised those dreams yet, or at least not all of them, but someday, slowly but surely I will reach that point in time and look back on time, then give myself a big pat on the shoulder. But for now, at least I can say that with the help of those around me,I'm putting myself on the right track to my intended destination. Just at what speeds I am travelling at, I can't say for sure. But all I know is, the tracks lay straight ahead of me. All I need to do is brave it.

No comments: