Today was a good day. I had managed to stride through the physics quiz unscathed and I had managed to finish my Calculus 2 revision in under 1 hour. A task which would usually take about 2 hours and a hell lot of head scratching. From where I'm standing, maybe I'm not such a bummer at math after all. Sometimes I wonder, how on earth could I have performed so badly at add math in high school? However, I figured the answer surely had to do with lousy teachers and the mundanes of the Malaysian education system itself.!Another good point of the day: I TRIED A FRIGGIN TAYLOR!!! AND I'M GONNA ROB JON'S HOUSE TONIGHT!!!AAAAARRGGGH!!!! Seriously, the Taylor sounded real sweet. And the best part is, its so small. But then again, its a Taylor. Only geniuses like Robert Taylor can create such fine guitars. See you tonight dude!!!! Better hide that Taylor...
Well, apart from being a good day, the day too had got me thinking about what is it that I really want to do when I finally leave the boundaries of lectured learning and step out into the world of learning by getting fired!
Before I had enrolled into college, I had always wanted to be either a pilot or an Aerospace Engineer. I had always been fascinated by the skies and I had always wanted to conquer it and experience its complete freedom. Also, I have never failed to be awed by air crafts and aerodynamics. They just represent one of man's greatest ever creation and they represent one of Physics most simplest but the most least understood of principles. For instance, nobody knows for sure why is it a plane actually flies. Of course, we have learnt about the Bernoulli's Principle and how it causes a plane to fly. But there are a few quarters who present very well documented evidence and experiments suggesting that it is wrong to use Bernoulli's Principle to explain flight. However, no matter how compelling the evidence against each other may be, no one can actually say for sure who is right and who is wrong. So, that's another mystery waiting to be solved and I look forward to the answer.
Anyways, after 2 semesters and 2 weeks into the third semester, I'm already having very different ideas about the way I see myself in the future. This semester, I had taken the liberty of undertaking the subject of Microeconomics. When I signed up for it, I did express my fears to my mother that I was afraid of economics and I might even fail. Of course, I based all these fears on a solid basis of never taking economics in the past and all those sheet reading and predicting were boring. But my mother gave me some good advice. She said that in life, one should learn to have their minds be like a parachute. Always open to anything. Never bear prejudice against anything. For prejudice would lead to a persons inevitable downfall. So, I took her advice and got myself into the economics class.
Well, I'd have to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I attended ECO 151 lecture. The lecturer was amazing and even more interesting was the fact that I had fell in love with the subject almost instantly and I could not wait to learn more. Now, only 3 classes in, I'm already thinking of the possible prospect of a switch in major. I was thinking of majoring in Economics. But at the same time, my love for aeroplanes still remain as strong as ever. So I'm stuck between two choices. Should I major in aerospace engineering or be an economist? I love both, but the unfortunate fact is, I can only choose one. And that itself is already an economic trade off.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment