Saturday, January 20, 2007

Thank You

As I stare out into the dark night, my mind keeps thinking of you. They think of you for all the wrong reasons. I try to hide the pain, but I cannot seem to hide it any longer. I feel it choking my throat and taking me far away from the person that I want to be. I try to run away from it all, but it follows me like a shadow under the cover of darkness. And everytime I try to run away from it, I always trip and fall flat on my face. Maybe this is my punishment. My punishment for being too naive everytime you smiled and said your words with your mellow voice. Perhaps this is my punishment for treating you like a princess, like a queen, like the only person who gave me the strength to walk for miles on end without the need for water. Maybe this is what I get for being nice. Maybe I never should have taken you word for word. Your callous deeds, too much for me to bear anymore. How could you be so brazen?
All these memories that we've had, now turn to ashes as they slowly burn in the flames of the unforgiven. All the words that we've said to each other, gone with the tide of the winds. Wise men always say, spoken words never last. It looks like, I was too dumb to be wise. Too blind to realise your voracity. Too stupid to understand your insidious chicanery. I know our love always seemed perennial. But know I know that it was only ephemeral, just like the 3rd Reich. Not meant to last a thousand years. But I thank you for it. I thank you for all the good times and for all the good words that we had. Too bad it could not last any longer.

No comments: