Monday, January 8, 2007

When Dreams Become Hauntingly Real

Writing this one is going to be rather difficult task as I really don't know how to put what I am about to say into words for what I am about to say is quite unconventional for a 19 year old and would either make me look like a fool or some clairvoyant. I definitely hope for the latter. But I have one question that really needs to be answered. What would you do if your dreams,good or bad, really turns out true and exactly as they had played out in your dreams? Everything the same. The people, the voices, the events, everything... even the time and month. What would you do?
Well, this is what has happened to me quite a few times in the past few years and about two nights ago. I don't know how or for what reason, but I have on certain occasions dreamt of the future, and on most occasions, events have turned out exactly the way I had dreamt it. Everything was the same. A few of these dreams have served as warnings of things to come. And right on cue, they happen.
On one occasion, I dreamt of receiving my exam results from my lecturer. In that dream, I was sitting in the second row behind S who was dressed in a blue shirt. Beside me were TC and CL. As the class proceeded, Ms.SN turned around and started to hand us back our exam papers. I remember her passing my paper to S. S then looked at it and handed it to me while saying 'There. Heres's your paper' and smiled. I took it and quickly glanced up to the right hand corner of the paper. And on it were my marks written in red ink. Of course, I will not reveal my marks, but they were quite shabby. And at that instant I looked up and looked around. Then, after that, I had another dream. When I woke up the next morning, I vividly remembered the dream with haunting detail and precision. I even remembered who said what and who wore what and who sat where. And all of this happened two days before I was to collect my results. Naturally, having been through similar occurrences in the past, I was silently perplexed. I kept on asking to myself what could all of this mean? Could it be true like how the others have been? All my questions were answered when I picked up my results. The way I had received my paper was exactly the way it had played out in my dream and the marks were exactly the same. Even the speeches that went along with it were real. Of course, I was flabbergasted.
This has not happened once or twice, but on countless occasions. More then I can ever count.
But what scares me most is that recently, two days ago, I had a dream. In this dream something bad happened. I had a similar dream last year and it came true. But if this dream were true, I fear that I might loose a friend of mine to tragic circumstances. No, she will not meet her end. But something else will happen. Something that I am too frightened to even speak about. Something that I can never imagine happen. NO, I am not fabricating any part of this post. Though I wish I was.
I know that by know you must be thinking of me as a fool of some sort. But think or say what you will, for when the month reaches... , I will know the answer. Though I wish I am wrong. I am more willing to let you laugh at me then to have these events unfold.

No comments: